Easy Sunday Cake

          Weekends for me are something precious. It's the time when I and my family spend time together and doing different things for relaxation or keeping our spirits up because through the week everyone is busy with work, daily  schedules or studying and we all know that this can be really tiring, annoying and when the weekend comes you only want to sleep. So, we like to watch movies or play boarding games, which doesn't require a lot of energy, but we also like to go for walks around nature or visiting  different places around Bulgaria when that's possible. I and my mother also like to spend time in the kitchen cooking different dishes or baking. This weekend we baked one super easy 'Sunday Cake' and the reasons why I enjoyed this so much are that first, I spent some quality time talking and laughing around with my mother and second, whiles and after baking the cake the whole house had this amazing  scent and while the fireplace was burning I felt really festive and now I can't wait for Christmas. 
         And now guys I decided to share with you this really easy recipe for this delicious cake.
  


                                                                Ingredients:
                                                                       2 eggs
                                                               250g caster sugar
                                                        450g self-rising white flour
                                                     200g unsalted butter, softened
                                                       1 teaspoon baking powder
                                                       1 teaspoon vanilla extract 
                                                          2 teaspoons cinnamon
                                               200g plum jam mixed with some water
                                                           
                                                                  
                                                                      Method:
                                                       Preheat your oven to 180C°
       


In a bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs, then add the flour, baking powder, vanilla, cinnamon and add the plum jam with the water to form a smooth batter. 
Pour it into the tin and bake for around 30-35mins. Leave it to cool completely.
You can pour chocolate on top of it or some kind of jam or you can just sprinkle it with  powdered sugar like I did.
No matter haw you eat it or with what you're going to eat it, is it going to be a tea or a coffee, I guarantee you it's delicious and super easy.
Love, Aleksandra

CONVERSATION

2 comments:

  1. I love this cake best thing ever with a cup of tea my mum always makes them almost every sunday! Enjoy the rest of your Sunday, Kisses from London! Dominica.
    www.its-dominica.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. AAA looks delicious! Thanks for sharing this is so fun to read. Do you want to support each others blog by following each other? Please let me know so I can follow you right back:)

    xoxo
    www.theclosetelf.com

    ReplyDelete

Back
to top